"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."

Saturday, December 28, 2013

I'm old fashion



I fight myself every second of the day because of you. You are in my thoughts, every single one of them. 

I have loved you since the very first day I met you. I fell in love with you in the middle of that parking lot,  as you walked me to my car. It was there that we had our first kiss. I could tell by the look in your eyes that you had fallen just as much as me that night. 

I might live the rest of my life missing you. I might love you until the day I die. 

I fight the urge to call you each day. When something happens in my day, or someone makes me angry, or when I have some big accomplishment that I just want to brag about- those are the moments that I want to share with you, that I have always shared with only you. You were my person. In my heart, you'll always be my person. I have given up not only the person I am completely in love with, but also- my very best friend. 

But here's the thing...

I don't know how yet, but I will learn to live without you. I will learn to wake up without you being there. I will forget the sound of your voice. I will forget the way I fit so perfectly in your arms. I will move past this sadness. I will move past my longing to be close to you. I will get over you. I will forget your name. 

Like it or not, I will move on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment