"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Fight or Flight

How am I the only one who sees this?

The brain is an amazing, vital organ of its possessor. It will make you do some pretty great things. Some pretty scary things. Some pretty crazy things. It will definitely keep you busy when nothing else will.


Take the whole fight or flight theory...

Some people use this as a way of coping, or dealing with something, that is out of the normal for them. Kind of a defense mechanism. Some adopt this method purely by mistake. Its associated with the different stresses, anxieties, moments, etc. that one may go through each day. Anyways, in certain circumstances, sure-this could be beneficial. In others- it doesn't really do much for you.

I only bring this up because I may have adopted a similar practice. Its not that I am on the edge, or always in defense mode, but sometimes...it feels like I should be.

Not sure if its a good thing or bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment