"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My regrets

1. Not staying awake all night on 4/16/05.
2. Disassociating myself with my best friend when he may have needed me the most.
3. Not telling the greatest love of my life that I love him.
4. Allowing disaster to enter my home.
5. Not sticking up for myself when I knew I should have.
6. Forgiving someone I shouldn't have forgiven the first time.
7. Allowing myself to be part of a relationship that could break an entire family apart.
8. Letting you leave that morning.
9. Not following someone when they asked me to.
10. Leaving you before giving you a chance.
11. Not having the guts to call you.
12. Hating you.
13. Punking out when I shouldve dove in.
14. Not getting on a plane to Arizona to see you.
15. Letting you slip away.
16. Loving you when I knew better.
17.
18.
19.
20.

Obviously this list could go on and on and on. At the time when I made these choices, I thought they were what's best. Life sucks are teaching us lessons that we don't want to learn. It will pull you in and shred you to pieces if you let it. Regrets of mine, are only experiences that I hope I have gained something from.

There is one thing on that list above that I plan to remove from the list. Can you guess which one?

No comments:

Post a Comment