"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Lately

Lately seems weird. It seems like theres something creeping up...if that makes sense? Kind of like having things normal...and thinking...this can't be right.

Saint Patricks Day was yesterday. It took me back to a few years ago in my head. My son used to find four leaf clovers...a lot of them. Some days he would find more than one. It had to have been at least 30 all together in a month or so time. Anyways, everytime this boy would find them...something bad would happen. I literally had to yell at him to stop looking for them. Everytime he'd run in from outside with one in his hand, it was always like- wtf. You can't tell a little kid that kind of stuff though. The last time he found one...which was years ago...was probably the worse.

I know this guy who, when I met him, told me he didn't believe in luck. He said things happen for reasons, if god wants it a certain way, thats the way it will be. Fate I guess. This guy is kind of a religious guy (obviously). He said luck is something we create in our heads. We store it away in the same place where you keep your "hope". When he was telling me this...I thought he was crazy. When he went into better explanation, I damn near believe him. I had it in my head that he was right. But how could he have been?  With luck comes bad luck...right?  This guy ended up to be a very close friend. He is in the air force. He gets sent to different places at any given time. I still to this day, wish him luck when he leaves. He still thanks me for wishing him luck. Contradicting huh? Maybe it was me, afterall, who convinced him that luck as well as bad luck existed. Who knows.

Point is...that lately feels weird. I can feel it.

This guy that I talked about above left for Japan two years ago. He came back from there three months ago. Scary to think someone you care about couldve been involved in all this mess going on over there right now. It makes you hold on just a little tighter next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment