"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Picking up trash in dresses...

"I never wanted to see you half as bad in all my life as I do now."

Beautiful mess. Thats what it is. What happened to that? What happened to true, serene, unconditional love? What happened to women wanting to seen as women. To be respected, and treated as though they were the only one in the room. To be the one who doesnt have to fend for his attention. To be the one who is always worth fighting for. What happened?

I see it everyday. Women, being treated horrible. Being there for the sole purpose of filling in. Being screamed at, or looked past. At what point did this become okay? At which point did this become normal to walk by without reaction? At which point did the world find it was content with settling. This isnt 100 years ago. Why settle?

I grew up with parents who were picture perfect. They always seemed to be happy, or at least content with what they had. They were solid. They were two people placed on this earth, made for one another. Or so I thought.

Now that I'm older, I can see a bit more clearly. I am not so blind to weaknesses, and troubles.

I now look at my picture perfect parents, and feel sorry for them. It makes me sad to know they settled for one another. It makes me sad that they thought it was a neccessity to keep one another around, just simply because- thats what you do.

If nothing else, if I accomplish nothing more, I WILL not settle. I will not recind my beliefs or expectancy to match someone else's level.

You either get it, or you dont. Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment