"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Mom and Ciara

I was cleaning my son's school bag out yesterday. In doing this, I came across a- Happy St. Patty's Day card that he must've made for me. On the cover, it read- Happy St. Patrick's Day; on the inside, it read- Mom and Ciara. The very moment I saw this, I cried.

It made me realize that- Wow. It really is just us.

I sometimes forget that. I wake up in the morning, so wrapped up in what that day has in store for me, that I look past what's most important. The very best part of me there is.

I could only imagine the thoughts going through, and back and forth in his mind. I just want to wrap my arms around him, and hug him till he's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment