"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Marriage

Someone asked me what my thoughts on marriage were today. Well here goes. I think of marriage, and think of anything but. Marriage, to me, is not a necessity. It is not a tradition. It is not an anything. I have no ambition, or desire for marriage. The reasons? I'm not completely sure. I feel as though I don't have to marry someone to be with someone. You can live with someone, and you can be together with someone, and be in love with someone, and not get married. I don't need a certificate, or a fancy wedding to tell me what it is. I like things to be simple. I like things to be controlled. I like things in an order that can easily be handled. My parents have been married for almost 30 years. That's a long time. I don't want to feel like I have no choice. I don't want it to get to that point where I have to live with pretty much anything because I am married. Marriage is for those idiots that refuse to see life the way it should be. In this generation that we are living in right now, its almost normal. Or at least I like to think that way, helps me justify my thoughts. But that's just my point of view. So, all in all, I have nothing against marriage, its just not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment