"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Jimmy

So...Ive been trying to write this letter to this new dad of mine. Its hard. Its really hard. Everytime i start writing to him, i get mad at myself for even doing it to begin with. I am such a chicken. I need to learn how to be mean more often. This is what I have so far...


Dear Jimmy
     So, I know that i've never spoken to you, or seen you, but they say your my dad. My biological dad. Its kinda hard not to believe considering I look so much like ur daughters. I'm still very confused about things. I feel helpless. I feel like no one can answer the thousands of questions I have. But at the same time, it almost seems like I shouldn't care. I am not a little girl right now. I am completely grown up. Why now? Why would something like this surface only now? Its been 26 years, I went 26 years without knowing a thing about it. Or maybe just ignorant to the fact that it was a possibility. My head is taking me back and forth with this. I cannot make a decision, which is very out of character for me.
     I am 26 years old. I have two beautiful children. Two children, that pretty much define who I am today. My son, Nicholas, is 10 years old. He is bright, and wonderful. He is caring, and very sensitive. He is my heart. My daughter, Ciara, is 3 years old. She is the greatest gift that God could ever have given to me. Of all the bad that has happened to me, I dont resent him for, only because I have her. She is beautiful, and smart. She is full of wonders and amazement. She is me, a spitting image of myself at that age I'm sure.
I grew up with a pretty good life. It wasn't always the best, but it was mine, and I made it the best. I have 5 brothers and sisters, all of which look nothing like me. My parents never brought things like this up, and I am almost thankful for it. I am so grateful to have my siblings though. They have brought me so much good and bad, that I could never imagine living life without them. They were my best friends growing up. They were there. Even now, they are there for me. So, in a way, it was a blessing that I never knew, and that things ended up this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment