"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

my profile picture


So my profile picture...my hands are in there somewhere. It is actually my hand, and the hands of four of my sisters. Three of which are "new" sisters of mine. This picture means more to me than I could ever explain on some blog. There arent words in my head or on this page that could ever explain how important this picture is. Certain people will come into your life and without a cause or warning, they will totally and completely blow you away. These are my people. Secretly, of course. Each one of them, new or old, has taken a small piece of my heart and made a home there. For someone like me, it is very hard to let people in. I am a closed off person. It is rare to find someone or something that makes me unwrap my blanket of insecurities, and perceptions. I won't do this for just anyone. For me to come out of my safe and comfort zone, it means that I am allowing my self to be human. To be vulnerable to the outside world. It was one of the best nights, and probably ONE of the most life-changing moments I'll ever experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment