"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."

Monday, June 21, 2010

So, yesterday was fathers day. I worked, of course. I am so glad I didnt let it get to me. My dad is my dad. Nothing will change that, and it doesnt matter who this other guy is, I refuse to let it get to me. So I spent my night last night trying to find the perfect fathers day gift for my dad. Me and Ciara went out looking. If it were up to her, he would've gotten a box of juice, and some lolli pops. But after the third place, I found the perfect gift. It was a book, a music/lyric book of Neil Young. My dad loves Neil Young. He also loves playing his guitars. So I gave it to him last night, with the most simple and to the point card I could find. He loved it. He stayed up all night playing those songs from this book. My dad is the best. I could have never asked for a better one. I have had so many good memories with my dad. I know it hasnt always been easy for him, or even for me, but its always worked itself out. He doesnt ask for much. With having so many siblings, I'm sure it made it hard for him. With the exception of a few occasions, which I am 50% sure, could be all in my head..he has never really taken sides with us. He hasnt been the perfect dad, and I am sure that there were times where he couldve been better, but he is great. I see so many screwed up kids nowadays, without a dad. Most of which long to have one. Would, in a heart beat trade places to grow up in a family, and full and rounded family. This family I have, theres nothing special about it. Theres nothing outstanding, or wonderful about it. Its mine, its what I have to work with. My dad, is the seed of this family. Without him, half of us would not be where we are today. And me without him, I wouldnt HAVE this family. As much as I hate it sometimes, or complain about it, I will be forever grateful to him for my life. He has set the example that every guy I meet will have to be compared to. So good luck to every one of ya!!

No comments:

Post a Comment