"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Wearing out your words
Little things that you do
whispers in my ear
without worries or means
would’ve been nice had you been here.

Disappointments overflow senses
letters take truth
you write down these words
and still it shows no proof.

Waiting through glass
endless thought of what should be
it slowly stepped away
right along beside me.

From a distance I still hear you
I stop to think and pause
I gain recollection
and still I've got no cause.

One of two regrets
that is laughed away
perhaps it’s all understood
since this is what we say.

I seen your face tonight
I behaved and spoke no word
when you put it all together
it truly is absurd.

Two thousand miles away
I still hear you speak
seems you’ve surrendered
and it’s making you weak.

It feels good to have seen you happy though.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment