"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."

Monday, October 11, 2010

back to you

I see you in the morning,
shining through these trees,
I feel you in those moments,
blowing through the breeze.

I hear you whisper in my ear,
when the whole world makes no sense,
I think about you always,
as if your not past tense.

Your are my sunshine in the window,
my knocking at the door,
you are my warmth and my protection,
your the one I cry out for.

I feel your head on my shoulders,
I see your smile each night,
I spare you of sorrow,
This time I put up the fight.

I push away the darkness,
That holds you at arms length,
I turn around to see you,
and gather up my strength.

I open my eyes wide,
and stare up at the ceiling,
It was all just a dream,
I guess that was me dealing.

It hurts each and everyday,
its hard to paint my smile,
they say its supposed to get easier,
maybe i still have to wait a while.

Ive never been this weak,
to myself, or my world,
All paths lead back to you,
My sweet, little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment